According to dictionary.com, the word pregnant can mean:
- Having a child or other offspring developing in the body; with child or young, as a woman or female mammal.
- Fraught, filled, or abounding (usually followed by with): a silence pregnant with suspense.
- Teeming or fertile; rich (often followed by in): a mind pregnant in ideas.
- Full of meaning; highly significant: a pregnant utterance.
- Of great importance or potential; momentous: a pregnant moment in the history of the world.
I include the definitions of pregnant because I have been pondering them, seeing many of them in myself lately. These are the final weeks of my pregnancy and I feel as if much is happening inside me but it is all behind the scenes and there is little for me to do. It is like the moment before the curtains draw back on the stage before the play begins. I have taken my seat, I feel ready, but also curiously calm. There is no more room for doubt, the baby will come.
I look forward to meeting my little one.